2018 Parent Welcome Letter
Welcome and Happy 2018 to all of our new and returning families! Thank you for being a very special member of our chapter with The First Tee!
Programming for New Castle County: will begin mid – April 2018, and programming for Kent / Sussex Counties: will begin mid – June 2018. To view our 2018 New Castle County Program Schedule: CLICK HERE
*NEW FOR 2018:
- Parent Clinics at Ed Oliver Golf Club – Dates will be available during Orientation
- NEW REGISTRATION PROCESS – SEE BELOW
We are in the process of adding new events throughout the year, so please stay tuned! Our caring and trained coaches will provide a positive learning environment using information from The First Tee Life Skills Curriculum during all classes. Listed below are the levels and the recommended age requirements:
- TARGET: 4 to 6 year olds
- PLAYer I: Anyone new to the program – ages 7 and older
- PLAYer II: Completed PLAYer I written and playing skills
- PAR: Completed PLAYer II written and playing skills – minimum age 9 and older
- BIRDIE: Completed PAR written and playing skills – minimum age 11 and older
- EAGLE: Completed BIRDIE written and playing skills – minimum age 13 and older
- ACE: Completed EAGLE written and playing skills – minimum age 14 and older
We will assist with the classification and skill level for each participant. All new participants, age 7 and older, are required to start at the PLAYer level. This information is detailed in the “Parent’s Guide to The First Tee” which you will receive at our parent orientation. It is important that you have appropriate knowledge of The First Tee curriculum prior to participating and progressing to the next level. If you would like to preview the “2018 Parent Guide” it is available on The First Tee National website, www.thefirsttee.org
In 2017, over 16,000 young people were introduced to The First Tee of Delaware. Activities took place on the golf courses, in schools, after school, with various youth organizations, in summer clinics, at special events, and during our fun filled year round programs.
Your support is greatly valued and needed to ensure our quality programs continue for the children. Sign-up sheets will be available at all parent orientation classes for a variety of activities, committees and events.
FUNDRAISING & PARENT VOLUNTEER INVOLVEMENT
Fundraising and parent involvement is extremely important for us to provide programming to all of our participants. Listed below are some of the events that are planned for 2018 with more to follow. If you have any idea on additional special events, please let us know. All ideas are considered, and we welcome your participation.
- Sunday, April 29th – Annual Delaware Marathon Water Station – More info to follow with times.
- Saturday, May 12th – Family Fun Fitness Festival @ Mt Pleasant Elementary 11 am – 3 pm.
- Saturday, June TBD – Golf Goodie Yard Sale @ Ed Oliver Golf Club – 8 am to 1 pm (more to follow).
- Tuesday, September 4th – 3rd Annual Delmarva Golf Outing @ Bear Trap Dunes – 9 am Shotgun Start.
- Wednesday, September 13th – Mayors Cup Golf Outing @ Rock Manor – 12:45pm (various shifts available).
- Saturday, October 20th – Adopt-A-Highway Clean Up / PA Ave (Boyd’s Flowers) – 7 am to 9 am.
- Saturday, December 8th – Winter Holiday Fun Day @ Ed Oliver Golf Club – 10 am to 1 pm.
The First Tee of Delaware has and will always be committed to the safety and well-being of EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN. Our chapter’s success is due to the outstanding support we receive from our wonderful families, volunteers and community. Every year, we ask each family to kindly participate and volunteer a minimum of 4 hours to assist with various class/events/activities/office help. Please call the office with your preference and to schedule your hours. Families will have the option to pay an additional $100 fee at the time of registration, if they cannot or choose not to participate in volunteering.
Please know that all e-mail addresses will be kept confidential and not shared with any other entity
We have recently launched a NEW REGISTRATION PROCESS to streamline and enhance your registration experience. Please CLICK HERE TO REGISTER and read all information on our new registration page before going through the registration process. We encourage you to submit your information as soon as possible to assure enrollment in your preferred class.
We do require that parents attend a Parent orientation session. For Spring Sessions – Parent orientation has been completed. If you were unable to attend one of these – please call us and make arrangements. Please note: Additional parent orientation classes will be added prior to our summer and fall sessions in all 3 counties.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon for a fantastic 2018 season!